Work with the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis, Chief Financial Officer and corporate department heads in the development and execution of the budgeting and forecasting process. Proficient in analyzing and reporting the overall performance of the business, preparing recurring and ad hoc management and financial reporting to identify trends, support business cases and understand opportunities and risks, including sales, margin and overall EBITDA results in a timely and accurate manner. Assist in creating Board of Directors and senior management presentations.
- Assume leadership position in Annual Operating Plan and monthly forecasts from a financial perspective, providing guidance and direction where applicable.
- Understand the details/drivers behind key P&L lines (sales, gross margin, corporate and store level expenses, etc.) and make adjustments to reflect updated information.
- Assist Vice President and CFO with the preparation of monthly reporting packages and quarterly Board of Directors presentations.
- Develop various financial models to provide detailed support for the Annual Operating Plan
- Analyze capital expenditure projects, ensuring that both financial (return on investment) and strategic goals are in scope.
- Provide financial and analytical support for the total company, including domestic and international entities, in planning and forecasting processes.
- Provide ongoing and ad hoc analysis to assist with strategic decision support for all departments and divisions.
- 8 years + experience working in Finance or Accounting (Finance preferred) for a manufacturing, sourcing or consumer goods company with multiple product lines and multiple retail locations.
- Competent with all financial statements including balance sheet and cash flow models.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with a focus on statistical analysis, understanding of demand planning analysis, inventory movement, and problem-solving.
- Ability to work under tight timelines with multiple priorities.
- Advanced-level experience using Excel
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- CPA or MBA or other certifications a plus
- Understanding of financial modeling and revenue forecasting
- Strong data analysis and data mining skills, using Excel and Access
- ERP experience and data mining skills in ERP environment
- Being able to provide solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
- Knowledge and familiarity with distribution or wholesale operation is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Must be comfortable managing large amounts of data in Excel.
- Bachelor&rsquos Degree in Finance or Accounting Required
- Master&rsquos Sr. Financial Planning & Analysis Manager Degree Preferred